Admission & Application
Perrine Seventh-day Adventist Elementary School ( PSDAS) welcomes applications from young people of all cultural and religious backgrounds who are willing to conduct themselves in harmony with the ideals and standards expressed in the Student Handbook. We wish that every child could have the benefit of a Christian education; regretfully, PSDA is not equipped to handle young people who have major behavioral or scholastic problems. Students entering Grades 5-8 with a GPA of less than 2.0 will be placed on academic probation. All other students entering PSDAS for the first time are placed on a 9-week probation.
At any time during the probationary period a student may be asked to withdraw if satisfactory conduct or achievement is not maintained. Admission is generally based on student’s record of citizenship and scholastic ability from their previous school. Readiness is a basic factor in acceptance of a student into the PSDAS. Students are accepted in accordance with the compulsory requirements of the State of Florida and the guidelines and policies of the Southeastern Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
Applicants for admissions to PSDAS are required to submit the followings items:
Withdrawing early from school tuition charges.
- An application form completely filled out, including the signatures of both parent or guardians and the students.
- The application fee.
- Three recommendations from non family members, preferably from a school official or a pastor.
- An original, current, immunization record and a physical examination record on the forms provided by Florida doctors from the Health Department must be on file in the office before the student may attend the first day of classes.
- A birth certificate and copy of the student's social security card must be on file in the registrar's office.
- A current, student medical treatment form, signed by the parent or guardian.
- At the discretion of PSDAS administration an entrance exam may be required.
All students leaving school before the end of a semester will be expected to pay full tuition if they are given permission to complete their scholastic assignments.
Students who register late and receive full credit for makeup work will be expected to pay full tuition. However, if a student is transferring from another school, tuition will commence from the date of registration.
Parents and guardians have the right to inspect, review and challenge the information contained in records directly relating to the student.
The following forms can be printed and filled out, then faxed, mailed or emailed to:
Perrine SDA School
9750 E. Datura St.
Palmetto Bay, Fl 33157
Fax: 786- 581-9452